Saturday, May 22, 2010

Work filler

Honestly I hate stupid people. Not only do they not listen to me when I answer their questions but the majority of them like to imply that I, myself, am stupid. They drive me insane.

On Thursday night at work I was placed in laybys and I had to deal with many customers that were very annoying and very stupid. But here's one that really annoyed me (well I was extremely busy, and because of their stupidity I got hardly any work done. Thanks guys).

*phone rings*
Me: Good evening, [store], how can I help you?
Customer: I'd like to be put through to layby.
Me: Yes that's me, how can I help you?
Customer: I had a layby and I want to know if it's still there?
Me: Sure, can I grab the layby number and your surname please?
Customer: [reads layby number and her name out]
Me: Okay, I'm just going to put you on hold so I can check the computer. I won't be a moment.

I put the customer on hold and bring up her account. As it happens the layby has been cancelled and she has already picked up the money.

Me: Hi, I'm sorry but your layby has already been cancelled and you've already picked up the money.
Customer: But is it still there?
Me: No sorry you've already cancelled it.
Customer: But is it still there?
Me: No.
Customer: Can you check out the back?
Me: Sorry it's not there.
Customer: Can you just check then please?
Me: Umm...
Customer: When does it get put back?
Me: As soon as you cancel it.
Customer: Are you sure it's not there?
Me: Yes, the stock may be on the shop floor but I can't tell you for sure if it is or not.
Customer: Can you just check?
Me: I have no way of knowing what you bought.
Customer: Can you check out the back then?
Me: No, sorry.
Customer: Okay, thanks for your help. Bye.

If that wasn't bad enough the lady came in a short time later and told me her surname, which I recognised, and said that her layby was on hold and wanted me to check out the back for it. I asked her if she had the receipt (knowing that she wouldn't) and she said no that she had already cancelled the layby. I then told her again that laybys are put back as soon as they were cancelled and that I wouldn't check out the back.

1 comment:

Captain Tim said...

And this is why I no longer work in retail, my friend!